Magnet School Information
Welcome to Magnet Testing for Elementary and Middle Schools.
(For application information about High School Magnet programs visit school websites. For school directory, click here ).
The magnet testing application is available from October 19, 2017 - January 12, 2018.
Magnet Testing Applications
- Magnet ONLINE Application - Elementary & Middle School (click here)
- Magnet PAPER Application - Elementary (click here)
- Magnet PAPER Application - Middle (click here)
- An assigned test date will be emailed to the primary email address submitted on the on-line application. Remember to check email in-box, junk, spam, and deleted items. Please allow 72 hours for an assigned test date to be emailed to the primary email address submitted on the on-line application. Email notifications are sent Monday – Friday. Applicants who submit an on-line application on weekends and school holidays will receive notifications during business hours following the reopening of schools.
- Magnet Testing Calendar
- Magnet School Open House Dates
- Application window for 2018-2019 school year: October 19, 2017 - January 12, 2018
- Magnet Testing: Assigned dates in January & February 2018
- Mail Placement letters to parents for SY 2018-2019: Friday, March 23, 2018
- Spring Break/Easter Holiday (schools & offices closed): Monday, March 26 - Monday, April 2, 2018
- Contract signing for new placements SY 2018-2019: Thursday, April 12 & Friday, April 13, 2018
- Non-Caddo Parish residents who test and are offered placement at a magnet school must have
- proof of residence in Caddo Parish by August 3, 2018 to complete enrollment in a magnet school.
- Elementary students are required to provide proof of Caddo Parish Residence at testing.
- For students offered placement in middle school, proof of Caddo Parish Residence will be required at contract signing.
- Proof of Residence Procedures
- Affidavit of Residency (To be used only if the proof of residence is NOT in the parent/guardian’s name)
Quick FactsMagnet Testing Elementary and Middle Schools Quick Facts
Dates to Remember
Magnet Schools & Locations
Magnet Schools - Elementary
Magnet Schools - Middle
Proof of Residence
The Caddo Parish School Board shall provide transportation for magnet school students from a point at or near their residences whenever possible. When transportation is not possible because of distance, routing or other good and just causes, the parent will be responsible for transporting the student to the closest designated pickup point to the student's residence.
Magnet Testing Coordinator (Testing for grades Kindergarten - 5th)
Telephone: (318) 603-6504
Magnet Testing Coordinator (Testing for grades 6th - 8th)
Telephone: (318) 603-6382