Magnet School Information
Welcome to Magnet Testing for Elementary and Middle Schools.
(For application information about High School Magnet programs visits school websites. For school directory, click here ).
The magnet testing application is available from October 19, 2017 - January 12, 2018.
Magnet Testing Placement letters for Kindergarten – 8th grade will be mailed Friday, March 23, 2018.
Our offices will be closed for Spring Break & Easter (Monday, March 26 – Monday, April 2, 2017).
We will reopen Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
If you receive a “WAIT” list letter, we will begin contacting about possible placement in Kindergarten & Grade 6 on April 24.
Waitlist contacts for all other grades will begin May 19.
Magnet Testing Applications - LATE
- LATE Magnet ONLINE Application - Elementary & Middle School (click here)
- LATE Magnet PAPER Application - Elementary (click here)
- LATE Magnet PAPER Application - Middle (click here)
- LATE applications are accepted (paper and
on-lineapplications have the same testing consideration) but there is no guarantee of testing.
- LATE testing is based on openings at magnet schools after the waiting list of qualified, on-time testers has been exhausted
- LATE applicants (paper and
on-line) will be contacted during the summer for LATE testing IF openings are available at the magnet schools of choice identified on the application.
- LATE paper applications will be available beginning Jan. 13, 2018. Return these to your school of
firstchoice (as listed on the application) or Caddo school board during the summer. They can be printed from our website www.caddoschools.org, click on “SCHOOLS” tab; click on Magnet Schools Information orpicked up at magnet schools.
- LATE on-line applications will be available beginning April 10,
2018at www.caddoschools.org, click on “SCHOOLS” tab; click on Magnet Schools Information (if you have & use a valid email address) or www.magnetapplication.com. Keep a printed copy of your on-linesubmission.
- Please complete only one application per child. If multiple applications are submitted, only the first received will be processed.
- Standardized testing is required for admission. A student may test only one time during the application period.
- A student may not test for a grade in which he/she is currently enrolled. Testing does not guarantee acceptance.
- After a contract is signed, a student may not transfer from one magnet school to another magnet school for that school year.
- All acceptance contracts are dependent upon a school review of the final report card, Statewide Assessment results or standardized test score, discipline, attendance, and proof of Caddo Parish residence.
- Transportation Policy: Students attending magnet schools shall be provided transportation. The parent shall be responsible for transporting the student to the designated pickup point which is determined by the CPSB Transportation Department. (revised Jan. 2017)
- Magnet Testing Calendar
- Magnet School Open House Dates
Applicationwindow for 2018-2019school year: October 19, 2017 - January 12, 2018
- Magnet Testing: Assigned dates in January & February 2018
- Mail Placement letters to parents for SY 2018-2019: Friday, March 23, 2018
- Spring Break/Easter Holiday (schools & offices closed): Monday, March 26 - Monday, April 2, 2018
- Contract signing for new placements SY 2018-2019: Thursday, April 12 & Friday, April 13, 2018
- Non-Caddo Parish residents who test and are offered placement at a magnet school must have
- proof of residence in Caddo Parish by August 3,
2018to complete enrollment in a magnet school.
- Elementary students are required to provide proof of Caddo Parish Residence at testing.
- For students offered placement in middle school, proof of Caddo Parish Residence will be required at contract signing.
- Proof of Residence Procedures
- Affidavit of Residency (To be used only if the proof of residence is NOT in the parent/guardian’s name)
Quick FactsMagnet Testing Elementary and Middle Schools Quick Facts
Dates to Remember
Magnet Schools & Locations
Magnet Schools - Elementary
Magnet Schools - Middle
Proof of Residence
Students attending magnet schools shall be provided transportation. The parent shall be responsible for transporting the student to the designated pickup point which is determined by the CPSB Transportation Department. (revised Jan. 2017).
Magnet Testing Coordinator (Testing for grades Kindergarten - 5th)
Telephone: (318) 603-6504
Magnet Testing Coordinator (Testing for grades 6th - 8th)
Telephone: (318) 603-6382