Otis Jones, Jr.
Caddo Parish Public Schools
1961 Midway Avenue
Shreveport, Louisiana 71108
|Normal Business Hours||Monday thru Friday||5:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Emergency After Hours||6:00 p.m. on weekdays, weekends,||and holidays|
Find my Bus Stop
|Supervisors of Transportation|
|D'Andrea Dorsey||Field Operations Supervisor||318-603-6537|
|Virgin Rachal||Routing Supervisor||318-603-6542|
|Mary Reliford-Harris||Field Operations Supervisor||318-603-6544|
|Booker White||Field Operations Supervisor||318-603-6594|
|Tampa Gipson||Director's Secretary||318-603-5752|
|Raylette Jewitt||Recruiting/Training Specialist||318-603-5730|
|LaShanda Howard||Secretary/Special Needs Transportation||318-603-5649|
|Kiora Gilyard||Secretary /Field Trips||318-603-5632|
About the Transportation Department
Mission Statement - The Caddo Parish School Board Transportation Department provides safe, efficient, and timely transportation for all eligible students to and from school.
The Transportation Department is located at 3928 Joplin St, Shreveport, Louisiana 71108. Our office is located on the southeast quadrant of the Caddo Parish School Board facility located at 1961 Midway Ave, Shreveport, Louisiana 71108. We also maintain a transportation facility in Vivian, Louisiana at North Caddo High School.
There are 365 Bus Drivers and 112 Bus Attendants who work with our students every day. Our office consists of the Transportation Director, one Routing Supervisor, three Field Supervisors, a Transportation Analyst, six secretaries and two dispatchers. Our garages have three Shop Foremen, parts personnel, and twenty-three mechanics. The mechanics are responsible for maintaining the Caddo Parish School Board's Bus Fleet and all other board owned vehicles. Our school buses are thoroughly inspected twice a year to ensure safety for our students in Caddo Parish and to comply with State of Louisiana vehicle safety inspection laws.
Permission for any student to ride in a school bus is a PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. The safety and welfare of student riders depends on proper behavior and observance of the following rules and regulations. Any pupil who violates any of these rules will be reported to the proper authority and his/her privilege of transportation may be denied. These rules apply to STUDENT ACTIVITY TRIPS as well as regular bus routes to and from school.
Bus Stop Change Request
Please complete the automated form to submit a request. The information will be submitted directly to the Transportation Department for processing and you will be contacted with a response..
We encourage you to submit the automated forms above which will be submitted directly to our department. If you should need to print a paper copy to complete and submit in person only, you may do so below. Please be aware that in person delivery will not speed up processing.
1. Parents are responsible for the safety and conduct of their children prior to their pickup by the bus and after leaving the bus at the end of the day.
2. Parents are responsible for providing supervision at bus stops that is appropriate to the student's age and maturity.
3. Caddo Parish School Board staff does not assess all possible walking routes to and from bus stops, supervise these routes, or guarantee the safety of any particular route. Staff will assess walking routes for unusual hazards when concerns are brought to their attention by walkers, parents or others.
4. Parents should impress upon their children the need for good behavior and observance of safety precautions while riding the bus.
5. Parents of special needs students are required to assist the student on and off the bus at his/her stop.
6. All Pre-K through second grade children should be accompanied by an adult at the morning stop and be met by an adult at the afternoon drop off.
7. Parents of students not eligible for transportation per Board Policy or state law will be responsible for their own Transportation.
8. Parents should ensure that all student information and/or changes are sent to the school in a timely fashion.