Caddo Parish Public Schools is once again the regional leader in National Merit Scholarship Program Semifinalists. The district is currently home to nine semifinalists including five students from Caddo Parish Magnet High School, three students from C.E. Byrd High School and one student from Captain Shreve High School.
- *Robert Lawrence, C.E. Byrd High School
- *Kennedy Carey-Prescott, C.E. Byrd High School
- *James Rushing, C.E. Byrd High School
- *Joshua Gill, Caddo Parish Magnet High
- *Ian Golsby, Caddo Parish Magnet High
- *Sloan Hall, Caddo Parish Magnet High
- *Taylor Rosen, Caddo Parish Magnet High
- *Grace Sun, Caddo Parish Magnet High
- *Stewart Simon, Captain Shreve High School
These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $31 million that will be offered next spring. To be considered for a Merit Scholarship® award, Semifinalists must fulfill several requirements to advance to the Finalist level of the competition. About 90 percent of the Semifinalists are expected to attain Finalist standing, and about half of the Finalists will win a National Merit Scholarship, earning the Merit Scholar® title. Three types of National Merit Scholarships will be offered in the spring of 2020.