Magnet School Information
Welcome to Magnet Testing for Elementary and Middle Schools.
To apply and submit a magnet school application: Caddo Magnet Elementary and Middle School Application Online
(For application information about High School Magnet programs, please visit individual school websites in the school directory).
Magnet Testing has ended for the School Year 2019 – 2020.
The magnet testing application for School Year 2020 – 2021 is available from October 21, 2019 – January 10, 2020.
Magnet Testing Applications (Oct. 21, 2019 – Jan. 10, 2020)
- Assigned testing dates are scheduled for January & February 2020.
- Remember to apply for the grade your student is entering in SY 2020-2021.
- After submitting an on-line application, you will receive a notification email with your assigned testing date within 72 hours. If no email is provided on the application, then an assigned test date will be mailed to the student’s address on the application.
Magnet Testing Elementary and Middle Schools Quick Facts
Dates to Remember
- Magnet Testing Calendar (coming soon)
- Magnet School Open House Dates
- Application window school year: October 18, 2018 – January 11, 2019
- Magnet Testing: Assigned dates in January & February 2019
- Mail Placement letters to parents for SY 2019-2020: Friday, March 22, 2019.
- Spring Break/Easter Holiday (schools & offices closed): Monday, March 25 – Friday, March 29, 2019
- Contract signing for new placements SY 2019-2020: Thursday, April 11 & Friday, April 12, 2019
- Non-Caddo Parish residents who test and are offered placement at a magnet school must have proof of residence in Caddo Parish by August 2,
2019to complete enrollment in a magnet school.
Magnet Schools & Locations
Magnet Schools – Elementary
Magnet Schools – Middle
Magnet Schools – High
Proof of Residence
- Elementary students are required to provide proof of Caddo Parish residence at testing.
- For students offered placement in middle school, proof of Caddo Parish residence will be required at contract signing.
- Proof of Residence Procedures
- Affidavit of Residency (To be used only if the proof of residence is NOT in the parent/guardian’s name)
- Non-Caddo Parish residents who test and are offered placement at a magnet school must have proof of residence in Caddo Parish by August 2, 2019 to complete enrollment in a magnet school.
Students attending magnet schools shall be provided transportation. Parents shall be responsible for transporting students to designated pickup points which are determined by the district’s Transportation Department. (revised Jan. 2017)
Magnet Testing Coordinator (Testing for grades Kindergarten – 5th)
Telephone: (318) 603-6504
Magnet Testing Coordinator (Testing for grades 6th – 8th)
Telephone: (318) 603-6382