On Tuesday, February 13, the Caddo Parish School Board declared the District 10 seat vacant and established the process for filling the seat left after the passing of Board Member Larry Ramsey on February 11.
The Board unanimously voted to allow interested individuals to submit an application by 4:30 p.m. February 26 in the following ways:
1) A resident of District 10 may hand-deliver their letter to the Superintendent’s Office at 1961 Midway Avenue in Shreveport. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. District offices will be closed February 19-21 for Winter Break.
2) Residents may also hand deliver their letter of intent to the Board’s General Counsel Office, Abrams and Lafargue, at 330 Marshall Street, Suite 707 in Shreveport.
3) Residents have the option to fax a copy of their letter to the Superintendent’s Office at (318) 635-2649.
Applications may be a letter containing the following information:
1) The applicant’s date of birth
2) The applicant’s address and how long they have lived in District 10
3) A short statement regarding why applicant desires to serve as interim board member from District 10
Candidates for the position will be interviewed in the Board Room of the Caddo Parish School Board Central Office at 9 a.m. Feb. 27. That interviews of candidates will be in the following format:
I. Each candidate will present an opening statement addressing the following:
A. His or her reasons for desiring to serve as interim board member from District 10
B. His or her special skills or experience to offer as a board member from District 10
C. His or her perspective on the role of a board member
II. Each candidate will be allowed to make any final summary statement if time permits.