The Caddo Parish School Board recognizes the power of a parent’s choice to determine the best school for their child. In its continued commitment to this belief, the district offers a variety of avenues to allow for students to transfer. Transfer applications will be accepted beginning March 1, 2021 through April 15, 2021. Transfer requests will only be accepted through the Online Registration System.
The following transfer opportunities are available:
Majority to Minority Transfers
Provisions are made by the Caddo Parish School Board for students to transfer from a school in which they are a part of the majority race to a school where they would be a part of the minority race. Limited transportation will be provided for a student who is transferred under the provisions of the Majority to Minority (M to M) policy to a school nearest the student’s home district school attendance area.
2021 – 2022 Schools Qualifying for Majority to Minority Transfers
- Elementary Schools: Blanchard Elementary, Mooringsport Elementary, Riverside Elementary, and A.C. Steere Elementary
- Middle School: Donnie Bickham Middle School
- High Schools: North Caddo High School and Northwood High School
Hardship and Medical Transfers
- Must be renewed during the open transfer application period of March 1, 2021 thru April 15, 2021
- Hardship / Medical Transfer requests are accepted to most Caddo Schools with the following exceptions:
- Magnet schools / Magnet programs (Per CPSB Policy, Transportation is not provided for approved Hardship or Medical transfers)
How to Apply
Caddo Parish Public Schools Website: www.caddoschools.org beginning March 1, 2021
Important Facts about Transfer Requests
The following criteria will determine approval or denial of a transfer request:
- Date & time of submission
- Space availability at the requested school,
- Final grades
- Proof of current Caddo Parish Residence (must be maintained throughout the school year).
Students that received an approved hardship or medical transfer during the 2020-2021 school year must re-apply for the 2021-2022 school year during the open transfer application period of March 1, 2021 through April 15, 2021.
Here to Help
Attendance Department staff will be available to assist Caddo Parish Residents – parents/legal guardians/employees with ORS enrollment/transfer applications March 1, 2021 thru April 15, 2021. Citizens in need of assistance may visit the Attendance and Census Department located at the Student Services Center, 1638 Murphy Street (formerly Central Elementary) between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
For additional information or questions regarding Out-of-Parish Transfers, please call 318.603.6305.