Emergency Benefit for Broadband (EBB)
Internet Access (Broadband) Discounts for Families
Caddo Parish Public Schools participates in the National School Lunch Program’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), because of this, all households with students attending Caddo Parish Public Schools qualifies for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB).
Caddo Parish Public Schools will no longer issue MIFI devices and encourages all families to take full advantage of this program.
This is a program offered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide a temporary benefit that will help lower the cost of broadband service for eligible households during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This program provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service. The benefit also provides a discount of up to $100 per household toward a one-time purchase of a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet purchased through a participating broadband provider listed below.
Each household can only qualify for a single benefit even if the household has multiple students.
Below are links to Internet providers participating in the EBB program:
- For AT&T customers, https://www.att.com/help/ebb/
- For Verizon customers, https://www.verizon.com/home/promo/emergency-broadband-benefit/
- For Comcast/Xfinity customers, https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/ebb
- For T-Mobile customers, https://www.t-mobile.com/customers/emergency-broadband-benefit
- For EarthLink customers, https://louisiana.earthlink.com/
Additional information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit is available at www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. any day of the week