Photo of students

Registration & Relocation

What You Need To Know About Registration And Relocation

We know that schools are a primary concern as you make decisions about changing your residence. We encourage you to visit our schools to see our comprehensive instructional program in operation. Please call the principal of the school in which you are interested in arranging a visit with.

How do I learn which school my children will attend?

Use the School Directory to search on for schools based on your new address.

When should I register my child?

Schools are open throughout the summer to accommodate parents in the registration process. The early registration of students provides the school system an opportunity to evaluate student placement and adjust staffing in response to unanticipated enrollment increases. Parents should contact their local school to schedule an enrollment appointment.

What information do I need to register a child?

When registering a child, you will need to present :

  • Proof of Caddo Parish residency (Deed or lease and photo ID with 2 proofs of residency)

  • Certificate of birth

  • Immunization record

  • Copy of the child’s most recent report card (if applicable)

If the student is transferring from another public school in Louisiana, a copy of the Louisiana Student Transfer Record will be required. This form may be obtained at the school from which the student is transferring. Most importantly, contact the appropriate school prior to registration. Schools are open throughout the summer to accommodate parents during the registration process.

How can I obtain more information about the Caddo Parish Public Schools?

Contact the administration office of the school your child will be attending. You can find the telephone numbers for all schools in the Caddo Parish Public School system using our school directory.