PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
The following items are required for all Early Childhood applications for birth to 4-year-old programs. Please gather these items together before beginning the application process as these items are required to be uploaded in the application.
- Proof of Income
- Child’s birth certificate or current passport or visa
- Parent/guardian’s Louisiana driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- Proof of residence in the parent/guardian’s name
- Up-to-date Louisiana immunizations record
- Child’s social security card
Examples of acceptable verification documents:
Proof of Income
- Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of filling out this application.) OR
- An official letter from your employer stating all of the following: Where parent/guardian is employed, the hourly rate of pay, and the average number of hours’ parent/guardian works per week. OR
- SNAP/Food Stamps – must include the child’s name and valid effective dates. OR
- A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits. SSI benefits for any other household member must be accompanied by any other income documentation, if applicable. OR
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS. OR
- Families who claim zero income of any kind must submit a Statement of No Income form. OR
- Parents or guardians who are employed intermittently, self- employed, or who do not have tax forms, W-2 forms, check stubs, or applicable Department of Children and Family Services printouts to verify their income must submit a Declaration of Income for Irregular Employment form. OR
- Families in a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (homeless) should have their status verified using the LEA-defined procedures for verifying homeless status. OR
- Other: 2020 tax documentation is allowable only if no other form of income verification documentation exists. Previous tax years are not allowed.
Proof of Age
- State-issued or foreign birth certificate or current passport or visa.
- Parent or guardian must be listed on the birth certificate.
- If person completing application is NOT listed on the birth certificate, court-issued custody papers or a Non-Legal Custodian Affidavit must be submitted.
- Note: All families completing an application for PreK must be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2021.
Proof of Residence
- Louisiana driver’s license or State-issued ID card
AND one of the following:
- Current utility bill with the parent’s name and address.
- Current lease or mortgage statement.
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person is to provide verification with a letter in addition to one of the above items.
- In a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (Verified by LEA) Homeless, McKinney-Veto.
For families experiencing homelessness and/or for families who speak a language other than English, please contact the appropriate departments below for assistance in completing the application.
|McKinney-Vento||318 603-6518||Homeless Information|
|English Language Learners||318 603-5657||Language other than English|